REQUEST A QUOTE
How much will it cost me?
The average Alberta household consumes about 7200 kWh of electricity per year. In Alberta, this would require a solar PV system of around 6000 installed Watts to reach net-zero electricity use on a yearly basis. Assuming a cost of $3.00/Watt of installed capacity, this system would cost about $18000. Solar PV systems today can be installed on average for between $2.50-$3 dollars an installed Watt.
While the average household in Alberta consumes about 7200 kWh electricity per year, your own consumption depends on several factors, including:
- The number of people living in your home
- Your home’s size and type (i.e. whether it’s a single-detached house, an apartment, or a condo)
- The age of your home
- How well-insulated your home is
- Which appliances use electricity or gas
- The energy efficiency of your appliances
- The weather