In today’s age, it is important to take steps to reduce your carbon footprint. From installing solar panels in Calgary to resisting to buy fast fashion, we explain why these five ways can help the environment.
5 Simple Ways To Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Drive Less – By merely reducing the amount of driving, you’ll stop using a high amount of petrol, and therefore, stop leaving a carbon footprint. Look to alternative options, such as taking public transport (more people on a bus is better than more people driving in their own cars), while biking or walking around, is even better for you.
- Solar power helps – Installing residential solar panels is an excellent way for you to reduce your carbon footprint. Solar energy is an efficient and effective way in which you can use reusable energy and save money in the long run. Once you get solar panel installation in Calgary, you will slowly pay back the installation through a rebate program, while using natural energy. When it comes to solar energy, it’s a win-win scenario!
- Conserve Your Water – You will be shocked at the amount of water that people waste each year on doing everyday things, such as showering and washing. Conserving as much water as possible by doing little things (washing the dishes by hand or taking short showers) will help conserve water in the long run. At the same time, you’ll end up saving a bit of money in your utility bills.
- Don’t buy fast fashion – Notice those cheap clothes for $10? Well, this is known as “fast fashion”: affordable clothing that doesn’t cost hardly anything to make and is easily discarded. These items are cheaply made with fake cotton, and if they are not disposed of properly can affect the environment. Due to their cheapness, they are just discarded in landfills, leading to an accumulation of waste. Buy quality clothing instead of the ‘fast stuff’.
- Eat Local food – By buying locally sourced food, you are helping the environment as you are reducing the transportation. Foods that come from across the country require the use of petrol, and therefore, leaves a carbon footprint. Eat local, and you’ll also be supporting your local food chains.
Start reducing your carbon footprint today! Call Greener Days Solar at 403-805-2940 whether you’re looking for residential or commercial solar panels. We can take care of everything from installation to application for rebates and financing. There’s never been a better time to take advantage of solar energy. Visit us at http://greenerdayssolar.ca/